Experpt From Mind Hacks
Thought I would give you some idea what kinds of infromation is in one of the books I am currently reading. Click on the title and it will take you to a web page that shows a moving waterfall. If you stare at the waterfall for a few minutes and then pause the picture, it appears that the waterfall is moving backward, though it is actually still. This phenomenon is called the motion aftereffect. This happens because "the modules (cells in the brain) responsible for the computation of motion and the computation of location are separate." This same effect happens naturally when a train you are on stops and the platform appears to be moving backward very slowly. This also explains why you can get on a moving ship and adjust to the constant rocking until you get off of the boat and then the rocking begins again. Just some cool, useless information (unless you are a brain/vision specialist or you are visiting one and want to test him). I'm currently on chapter 3 and still looking for "tips and tools" or some practical application. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home