i am not but i know I AM
Since I spend a great deal of time driving to and from Granbury Middle School, I have begun to enjoy listening to books on cd. The one I have been listening to on and off for the past few weeks is i am not but i know I AM. From a literary standpoint, the book can be repetitive. Author Louie Giglio basically uses various Biblical and personal examples to reiterate the point that I am not...but I know I AM. I am small but the God I serve has an incredibly large story that he beckons me to be a part of. I thought I got it so I returned to my usual schedule of listening to NPR, but one day last week I felt compelled to finish the book. Earlier that morning my thoughts had been consumed by the upcoming reorganization of my school. I agonized over how the language arts classes would be blocked fully and ironically realizing that I am not even going to work there next year. Still, I wanted my way. So when I listened to the last segment, I realized that the book is repitive because it must be. Dying to self and living for the God's story, is a daily decision. I may have gotten it two weeks ago, but I must continue to let this glorious truth sink into my heart on a daily basis. And, to all my worry about things ranging from middle school scheduling to my concern over the weightier problems of my future, His answer is I AM. And I can trust Him fully. After all, i am not... ~A

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home