Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Blue Like Jazz


This book was recommended to me by Amy and Isaac Llanes. I picked it up in B&N one day and got interested in it. This author basically puts his testimony and thoughts on life in a form that anyone could read and feel comfortable with. There isn't a "churchy" word to be found in it. If you are the least bit legalistic, however, something in this book will probably offend you. It has kind-of a post-modern feel. I would recommend this book to the "unchurched" since it is one of the only things I've found that uses secular language to say spiritual things. Personally, I found it very refreshing, and thought more than once, "Man, I wish I could sit on a covered porch overlooking a sunset and smoke a pipeful of tobacco and talk about life with this guy."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice...

Hey man i'm been reading Brian McLaren...you read anythign by him?
Check out his book "A Generous Orthodoxy" some great insights...i'm really into it right now.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home