Christmas Books
One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to not buy a new book until I have read ten books that I already own. This resolution should be extremely easy to keep though since my parents brought so many new books for us when they came for Christmas. Here is a list of our new books in no particular order (some were Christmas presents from various family members, some we have borrowed from various family members, some we ordered from Amazon, and two are presents from my co-worker, Ryan):
1421
River Town
Practical English Usage
Bono in Conversation with Michka Assayas
The Wonder of the World
Jarhead
Keep Talking
You’re Going to Wear That?
Treasuring God in Our Traditions
Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader
What’s Going on in There?
The Family of Adoption
The Quiet American
The Sun Also Rises
When I Don’t Desire God
Quilted With Love
If There is No God…
Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places
The Compassionate Life
Heaven
Future Grace
The Mother
Love Busters
I have already read Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman which was a gift from my Uncle Jim, Aunt Lisa and family. I was first introduced to Anne Fadiman’s writing when my Aunt Lisa loaned me The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down. It was an incredible book documenting the true story of a Hmong family living in California and their dealings with the public health system and I highly recommend it. Her newest book, Ex Libris, is a compilation of essays about her love of reading and books. I totally identified. Reading this book made me feel like I was eating chocolate.
~A

1 Comments:
"like eating chocolate" - what a delightful to describe reading
Glad to see you updating again. You and L have introduced me to some very interesting authors/books so I'm always curious to see what you've picked up.
I'm so glad your library is thriving. Read on! Read on!
Post a Comment
<< Home